The Medinge Group meets twice a year to discuss and debate ideas about theory, strategy, and trends in international branding. In January we meet in Paris, in August in Medinge, Sweden.
Thomas Gad, brand visionary, author and founder of Brandflight spearheaded the formation of the Medinge Group, inspired by Chris Macrae. He invited leading brand professionals from across the world (many affiliated with the Institute for Brand Leadership) to attend the first meeting in 2000.
Membership is by invitation—click here for a list of current members.
Medinge Group milestones
- 2000: First Sweden retreat
- 2001: First international meeting
- 2002: ‘The Brand Manifesto’ published setting forth our collective beliefs about the state of branding
- 2002: 14 Medinge members collaborated on Beyond Branding, a collection of essays published in November 2003 by Kogan Page
- 2003: Medinge released the first yearly Brands with a Conscience winners list. Today the awards are a closely watched annual event in the international business community
- 2007: Launch of the Journal of the Medinge Group, an online member publication
- 2009: First Medinge panel at La Sorbonne/CELSA, Paris
- 2010: 10th anniversary of the founding of the Medinge Group