Medinge’s ranks make nominations for each year’s Brands with a Conscience.
What we look for
Each brand nominated is considered on principles of humanity and ethics, rather than financial worth. Criteria include:
• reputation and self-representation
• direct experience
• media presence
• and an assessment of the company’s expressed values of sustainability.
The Brands with a Conscience awards are presented every January at the Medinge Group meeting in Paris. A select group of brands are awarded this distinction.
In 2006 the group added a unique category commendation, the Colin Morley Award, recognizing exceptional achievement by a non-governmental organisation. Colin, a member of the Medinge Group, died in the London Underground bombings on July 7, 2005. The award commemorates his visionary work in humanistic branding.
• August – October: the awards open for member nominations. Members carry out their own due diligence to support their nominations. The nominations are debated across the membership.
• 1 November: a ballot takes place and voting begins. There are normally 40 to 50 nominees and only seven or eight winners.
• First week in December: winners are announced to the membership
• First week in January: the winners are announced publicly
• First week in February: the awards are presented.